Sunday, September 13, 2009

Perspective


Why can't I lose 10 pounds? or Why am I so lucky to have dessert so often?

Why do I have to work so much, when some moms get to stay at home? or Why am I so blessed to have a job I love, where my kids can come with me, in a weak economy when many don't have work at all.

Why do I have so many bills? or How is it that I have so many nice things?

Why does my dog chew up our things? or ...hmmmm. Is there a good side to this?... Let's see- Having a dog encourages my family to keep things tidy and in it's proper place away from the dog. Or suffer the consequences.

I'm feeling pretty lucky these days. I really don't have anything to complain about, yet anger and anxiety still creep into my days regularly. How does one fend off negativity when things seem overwhelming? I would say, get back to basics and "Keep on the sunny side".

2 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I needed this post today. I try to be as optimistic as possible but some days are just plain hard. But when it really comes down to it, I don't have a thing to complain about. Hope you guys are doing well.

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Great post. Good point!