Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Card 2009

Aaron suggested that we do an e-card this year. You know, get with the times! It's the earth friendly way to go, right? All the cards just end up in a landfill in a month anyway. But I refused.

I admit, it's not for entirely unselfish reasons...
As many of you may have noticed, I have sent a photo Christmas card for the past 9 years. Ever since Brooklyn was 4 months old and her little fat feet were visibly kicking in the shot, I have adored our yearly card. Now I hang each card together for a holiday photo gallery during the Christmas season. From 2000-2008 I have watched my family grow and I can reflect on it at a glance through my cards.

I ordered our 2009 card tonight. I didn't order as many as usual. I think I'll just send them to family and those that I think could use a smile from seeing my kids' cute mugs on their walls for a month. But I didn't include Aaron and I in the picture this year.

Why not? Again, it's not for entirely unselfish reasons...
We didn't have a fantastic family photo this year. Although we did have one that would have worked.

But last weekend we went to Aaron's family's cabin in Smith's Ferry and we took a really cute picture of the kids out in the snow. It won out!

If you want this picture to hang around your house for a month,
leave me your address in the comments section.
"Harry Christmas Every Guys!" - Brooklyn 2003

5 comments:

Tamara said...

WE DO!!! How we love you all and are so grateful for you!
love, Mom and Dad

Hillfivesome said...

Emily, you have a beautiful family. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Emily Stoddard Hill

Sara said...

That is a way cute picture! I actually keep all the Christmas cards anyone sends me in a binder after they hang on the fridge for a month. It's fun to look back on other people's families and see how they have changed over the years.

Steph said...

What a great family picture! I love your hair--so cute! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Cute kiddos