Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Illness, Spring and Other Random Thoughts...

I'm sick of sick. Other than pregnancy, which I realize isn't technically an illness (but it sure felt like it!), I have never been sick for this long. That said, I don't want to dwell on it. I'll try to post something else that is a bit more interesting. Have I been able to do anything other than be consumed by my phlem? Let's see...

It's raining. I am hoping it is healing my grass and encouraging my "over-seed" seeds to sprout where our dog has ruined the lawn. I have a disheartening question lately; who do I care for more - the dog, or the grass? Those who know me will most likely not be surprised that I have chosen the grass.

Good thing we have a dog run. Maybe, I can have the best of both. (Currently I think I have the worst of both - a rowdy dog and dead grass.) Hopefully as the grass heals, and Jetta gets out more in the foothills, both can live well.


It's Spring Break. I love not working. I know that I didn't work full time for the first eight years of motherhood, but I REALLY value that gift now. However, I recognize that I have the world's best mom-job! I get discounted tuition to an incredible school for my kids. I get to go to school with my them everyday. I get to be their teacher. AND I get a paycheck. Pretty ideal. But I still love Spring Break. (And every other holiday break.) You just can't beat wearing pajamas half the day.

I don't want to write too much. Since I don't have any cute photos to add to this post. I better keep it light on the text. I figure if I keep it short it might encourage me to return to post more later. Until then...

1 comment:

Ashley C. said...

um. that is why i dont have a dog. he he. i hope that your lawn grows back. And i mostly hope that your illness goes away. it stinks being sick. especially over spring break!!

and i do hope you return to write more.... :)