Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Catching Up - Spring 2011

I've been consistently cold, or on the chilly side of moderate all Spring. Boise has left a lot to be desired as far as lovely spring days are concerned, but we've had fun with Easter and Spring events nonetheless. (Is that one word?)

The Springtime Summary:
EASTER = Cute kids
aka too many cute pics to post

SPRING CLASS TRIPS
Each class goes on a trip to different places each spring. As a teacher, I have attended 3 of the 5 trips Foothills School has taken this season.

Trip 1: 6th-8th grades - Olympic National Park, Washington
AMAZING scenery, ok weather, fuzzy trees, non-intentional Twilight Tour to Forks, and the Quilute Nation
Trip 2: 4th-5th grades - Oregon Coast, Newport
Brooklyn's class! It's always fun to be both the teacher AND the mom. (Yes, I am serious. I realize 'tone' can be misinterpreted.) Again, there are too many pics to choose from. Should I post the tide pools, the ocean boat ride or Brooklyn dissecting a squid at OSU?
ok I can't decide
I have some pretty amazing pictures of sea life both from the ocean and the aquarium in Newport, but we'll move on to the next trip.

Trip 3: Kindergarten-1st graders - Horsetheif YMCA Camp, (near Cascade, ID)
Lucas' class! We stay closer to home with the little guys and the trip is only 2 nights, rather than a full week. It was eventful, including a trip with Lucas to the Cascade Emergency Room the first night there. He was knocked over by a falling classmate in an intense game of freeze tag on an asphalt playground. I am happy to report that it was a Williamsfam5 first! Pretty good record for having kids for almost 11 years now, it was my first trip to the ER with one of them. He had a small laceration on the back of his head and we could have opted for 1 staple. However, we decided the trauma of getting the staple would not out weigh the benefit. We walked out of there with a freshly scrubbed head and 2 glow sticks.

The rest of the trip was full of rock climbing, art projects, ropes course and campfires.
That was all the traveling for me. But Ian's class went on a trip that I didn't attend. As a faculty member I don't choose which trips to take, I just go where they send me. Ian took his 1st trip without a parent and did just fine on his own. He is really growing up! Since I wasn't there, I don't have many pictures to choose from, but I'll talk with him and we can post one of his favorite shots later.

Besides traveling, the kids did a fantastic Spring Music Performance, all based around Broadway musicals.
We found out Ian is a ham:
Brooklyn is fancy in stage make-up:
Lucas is the cutest Lion King ever:
HAPPY SPRING and now we're off to a busy summer...

No comments: