Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Mom : by Brooklyn, Ian and Lucas

I took a moment this week to interview each of my kids, asking questions about “their mom”. The following are their answers.

1. What is something mom always says to you? Brooklyn- Time for school. Ian- Stop playing video games. Lucas- Don't play wii when I tell you to.

2. What makes mom happy? Brooklyn- Her kids giggling. Ian- Chocolate. Lucas- Doing jobs for her.

3. What makes mom sad? Brooklyn- Whining. Ian- When I don’t listen to her. Lucas- Not doing jobs for Mommy.

4. How does your mom make you laugh? Brooklyn- She tickles me. Ian- By saying funny things. Lucas- When you push me way high.

5. What was your mom like as a child? Brooklyn- I don’t know that answer. Ian- I don’t know, I wasn’t there. Why should I know. Lucas- I don't know. I never saw you being a kid. That's not my message.

6. How old is your mom? Brooklyn- 34. Ian- Isn’t it 24, isn’t it? No, I meant to say 34, isn’t it. Yeah, it’s 34. Lucas- 6.

7. How tall is your mom? Brooklyn- 5 ummmm, five would be like 5 feet right. Ian- 23 feet. Lucas- Let me see. (Stretches his arms) Quite a bit.

8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? Brooklyn- When she’s healthy, right? Have plenty of space. Ian- Eat chocolate and make her kids happy, I believe. Lucas- Do laundry.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Brooklyn- Work and watch Heroes. Ian- Do work. Lucas- Work.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Brooklyn- Being nice to kids. Ian- Probably singing. Lucas- Being nice.

11. What is your mom really good at? Brooklyn- Making me happy. Ian- Singing. Lucas- Laundry!

12. What is your mom not very good at? Brooklyn- No offense, but Chess. Ian-Video games. Lucas- No carrying heavy backpacks. Then you would fall down and break your head apart.

13. What does your mom do for a job? Brooklyn- She is a Spanish teacher at Foothills. Ian- Spanish teacher. Lucas- Work on the computer.

14.What is your mom's favorite food? Brooklyn- Chocolate. Ian- Chocolate. Lucas- Chicken.

15.What makes you proud of your mom? Brooklyn- She’s funny and nice. Ian- She’s very very very nice. Lucas- Helping us.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Brooklyn- I don’t know. I have no idea. Ian- Ronald McDonald because you’re funny and very nice and Ronald McDonald is very nice. Lucas- Wonder Red (from Super Why).

17. What do you and your mom do together? Brooklyn- Have fun spending time together. Ian- Play and hike. Lucas- Fold laundry.

18. How are you and your mom the same? Brooklyn- We both have brown hair. Ian- We used to have the same color of hair. Lucas- Let me see your hands…Hands and heads.

19. How are you and your mom different? Brooklyn- She has green eyes, I have brown. Ian- She’s much much much much much taller. That’s 5 muches. Can you do 5 muches? Lucas- We have different clothing.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? Brooklyn-Cuz she does. Ian- Because she’s nice to me. Lucas- Because you help me by playing wii Indiana Jones if we are on a hard game.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? Brooklyn- He’s cool. Ian- That daddy sometimes gives her chocolate, maybe. Lucas- Kissing him.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Brooklyn- A lot of places. Ian- Fanci Freeze. Lucas- California. (I haven't been to CA since 1994. But we have plans to go in August.)

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

that was the funniest post. your kids are so cute. i guess to sum it up you do a lot of laundry with lucas, and chocolate is the answer for ian. i was laughing out loud at some of their answers. what a great idea em.

lucas did have it right though- you are nice!

we love you!! miss you guys.

Sarah said...

That was so cute and such a fun idea Emily. I could hear all their little voice answering the questions. I like the Fanci Freeze answer. We need to go when it gets warmer and catch up.

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

I'm stealing this idea too. Can I just be you? I'm doing this for Chris for fathers day.