Saturday, June 6, 2009

Brooklyn's Tender Heart

Brooklyn's best friend has Cystic Fibrosis. But, we really don't think about it all that often. It's only at meal times when we remind her to "take her enzymes" that it is obvious at all. However, last weekend Brooklyn and Daphne, with their teacher, friends and family, worked and walked to raise money to cure CF.

Thanks to all of you that donated to her efforts. She raised $173 in only a few days. I am so happy that she had a good experience! She is a truly kind, generous and loving person. We are all blessed to have her around.




2 comments:

ang :o) said...

Ahh, I have a soft spot in my heart for CF. I wish I would have known, I would have donated. I love that Brooklyn did this. My two cousins had it. The one my age lost his battle when we were 25. His older sister just lost her battle at last October at 37. We were so close. :( I can't wait till there's a cure.

digestibletrax said...

some of our best friends from Chicago have CF too. Maddie and Max take their enzymes too and are healthy most of the time. Let us know the next time she is doing a fund-raiser and we can help out. We know all about expensive trips to the doctors ourselves for out little J-MAC.