Sunday, July 25, 2010

Letters...

Dear Sore Throat,
Please remember that you were not invited to my summer vacation. Nor to that of my children. If you are, in fact, a bacterial infection (as I suspect) I plan on killing you after my visit to the doctor tomorrow. If it weren't five minutes to midnight, I'd be there now. But I don't want to be one of those people nurses complain about that rush to the emergency room when it's not an emergency. But the bad thing is, other than childbirth, this might just be the most pain I've ever been in. If you are a virus, I might just die. I hope antibiotics are a quick cure.
Goodbye,
Emily

Dear Fever,
Please do your job and get rid of my sore throat.
Thank you,
Emily

Dear Sty,
Please leave Aaron alone. Get off his lovely tan colored eyes. I know he prefers "hazel" but I shall forever be in love with his sandy tan eyes. So go away.
Best wishes,
Emily

Dear Virus,
You are the worst. Lucas has been a brave little guy, but you need to ease up! Man! Show some mercy!
At my wits end,
Emily

Dear Ian,
Thank you for putting up with the rest of us. We are a mess and your cheerful smile brightens our misery.
Love,
Mommy

Dear Brooklyn,
I am glad you are in Utah with Pappy making freezer jam. I miss you terribly, but I'm glad you are far away from our germs. I hope we are all better when you get home on Tuesday. I can't stand you away for so long. But, it was a good week to go! bring us home some yummy jam!
Love,
Mommy

Dear Ancestors,
You were tough. No wonder you all only lived about 40 years. Life must have sucked to live before ibuprofen and antibiotics and chloraseptic throat spray. Please accept my deepest admiration. But I'm so glad I am a 21st century girl. But it still bites to be sick.
Sincerely,
Emily

Dear Bed,
I'm sorry I don't think I'll be with you tonight. The thought of laying in the dark with my throat burning and ears stinging is more than I can bare. So I will do my best to keep busy tonight. Bring on the insomnia. Sunrise will never be more welcome.
See you tomorrow,
Emily

Dear Doc in the Box,
Please fix me tomorrow.
Hoping for the best,
Emily

2 comments:

Jenna said...

SAD!!! I hope you feel better SOON! That sounds so awful. I totally agree about being a 21st century girl too.

Heidi said...

Your "letters" are too funny, hope you get feeling better soon.