Monday, August 2, 2010

being a parent

Sometimes I like being a parent.
It's cool.

First, I got to drop Brooklyn off to go to YMCA camp today. nostalgia.

Second, I watched my boys work a lemonade stand in my front yard. Their attire is what really made it. Lucas wore cowboy boots, a transformers t-shirt, silky basketball shorts and alternated between a cowboy hat and a giant pirate hat. Ian was a diligent worker, always on the lookout through his binoculars for customers. He would occasionally sport his battery operated Darth Vader head. It makes his voice sound like the evil Vader, and it added a new touch to the calls of "LEMONADE, 50 CENTS a GLASS!".

Third, I gave Ian a sweet haircut. He is the only person on earth I will barber up. And the best part is he loves to have choppy, uneven hair cuts, so he thinks I'm the best hair cutter in the land. He is likes a shaggy sort of do, so as long as I don't chop it too short I'm safe. I just let it grow long enough that I can cut it and if I screw up too bad there is still enough length for Nonny or Grandma Williams to clean up my mess. But so far, he seems to love my messes.

Lastly, I like them.

For your viewing pleasure...my cute boys!
(pics of Brooklyn at camp to come)
My favorite cowboy, basketball player, transformers under-roos guy. (Note the pirate hat hanging on the chair for easy costume change.)
Ian and his friend Graeme scouting out lemonade customers.

1 comment:

coriconnors said...

Cuteness abounds!!!!
Sure loved having Brookie with us for a few days this summer! Send he BACK!