Monday, March 5, 2012

getting more out of life...

As I chatted with a friend at work today we were having a Carpe Diem kind of discussion.
I found a silver lining in the downturn of the economy -
When I was in my 20s I thought life was great and would only get better in my 30s and so on.
In some ways it has, in many it has not. In fact, I would say I am less optimistic now than I was a decade ago. However, because I no longer believe there is any security that the future brings something better than today, it helps me to make the most of things now. Life might only get harder, so I'll make the most of things now.

CARPE DIEM items:
1. Working for something I care about = Teaching Spanish & Global Studies at Foothills School
2. Helping & Creating = www.originallynew.com
3. Watching my flowers bud in the yard. Spring is coming!
4. Making sure my family knows I love them.
5. Finding ways to help in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

What do you do to seize the day?