Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lent

I usually do something for lent. I was raised Catholic and that's the part that stuck I guess. (And my love for Palm Sunday. I miss those long slender palms handed out at the doorway that one Sunday of the year. I miss shaping them into a cross, or inventing other shapes I could create.)

ANYWAY...

This year I struggled to decide what to "do" for lent. Since I am no longer a practicing Catholic, I decided I can just make up my own rules for the 40 days. But this year I just couldn't nail down my goal until today. Yes, I know I'm late, but as aforementioned, it isn't part of my religion anymore anyway. I figure it's a bonus now.

CARPE DIEM will be my theme for lent 2012. Each day I will find someway to grab hold and do something I love.

YESTERDAY: My blog helped me define my goal for today.
TODAY: I watched my K/1 Spanish class listen to books and plays written by my 2nd/3rd grade class. They have worked for MONTHS on this performance and it was an hour of bliss. I loved it!

No comments: