Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Road Trip 2008

I made a goal last year to travel to a place I have never been to, every year for the rest of my life. Last year we went north to Canada - Calgary & Banff. This year our destination was Southern Utah - Lake Powell and Moab - Arches National Park. So far meeting my goal has been everything I hoped it would be; inspirational, gorgeous and exciting.

We returned home today from our "big summer vacation". We left on June 21st and drove south through Utah (Or my-tah as Lucas insists it is called. For some reason he has adopted possession of the state. "It's not your tah, it's my tah!") 

We were graciously invited to join friends and their family on the houseboat pictured, "Big Wave" in Lake Powell. We had never been to Lake Powell and had never seen a houseboat for that matter, so the whole trip was full of new experiences. I will spend the next few posts sharing our adventure, but tonight it is late and my mind is less than clever. Enjoy a few photos for now.

Captain Brooklyn steering the 90 foot houseboat. We drove the boat for about 4 hours out of the slip to find a place to park for the week.  

Lucas gets a haircut. He requested this himself...
Yes, Lucas has a mohawk. He loves it and tells everyone about it. 

Ian found hours of entertainment, along with all the kids, ensuring proper eye protection.
more to come...good night.

4 comments:

casa chandler said...

that mohawk rocks! what a funny kid! looks like you guys had fun, but then again...how could you not with such a cool house boat and views, right?

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

I am happy we got to see you on both legs of your journey, your kids crack me up. I LOVE the haircut and wish Elliott would get one and I think next year we should make it a joint venture to travel to new and exciting places.
Glad you made it home safe.

Fogg Family said...

Love the update, mohawk, and eye wear!!

sarahbellac said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time and I'm so glad you didn't post the pics of the puking...!
Love seeing the pics. The kids are getting so big! Time flies way too fast.
Better plan a road trip to Missouri before we move away...hopefully you've never been here...you could count it as one of your 'places to visit!'
Love you!
Sarah